Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's New...

Yesterday my mom made the 12 hour trip back to Biloxi.  I just wanted to thank her for being here with me in the time I had to be up here before the baby, and the time after where I was having some trouble getting around.  Allen and I both really appreciate it.  I know my dad and brother are both excited about having her home though.  Yesterday Peyton had a good day.  She remained calm and restful all day.  Today has had a little more excitement.  Peyton is having a small blood transfusion because her red blood count was down slightly.  It was very slight, and if she wasn't acting up a bit when they turn her head and use the suction, they probably wouldn't even do one.  They just want to do everything they possibly can to make sure she is comfy.  The count was most likely down because they have to do tests a lot that require blood from her.  Everytime they do a blood gas to check her CO2 they take some blood, and they could do this a couple of times a day.  She was definitely being a trooper today though.  She was handling it very well.  They said that transfusions are very common and not out of the ordinary in the NICU.  She is one tough cookie!  Allen and I just came back over to the Ronald McDonald House to rest for a bit and are going to eat dinner here tonight (fried chicken...yum!) before we head back over tonight to go check on her!  Tomorrow is the echo, and we are both hoping that the medicine that they have been giving her for her hypertension is starting to help.  Love Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment