Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back!

I'm back!  Well after being discharged Sunday afternoon, it has certainly been nice being back over at The Ronald McDonald House.  All the nurses that took care of me from Thursday til Sunday were so wonderful and caring.  They played a BIG role in getting me better so quickly.  I am still sore and moving at a snail's pace (I think I'm actually slower now, than before I had Peyton when I was waddling!).  But I know that all gets better with time...hasn't even been a week yet!  I go Friday to the doctor to follow up with him to check my incision.  Today Peyton had a pretty good day.  She was calm most of the day and was very restful.  The only time she had a little "spell" was when they repositioned her in her bed and they moved her head.  She is not a fan of getting moved...she gets comfortable and wants to be left alone! =)  Allen and I sat in today while the doctors did their rounds.  They are not planning on doing her repair surgery this week.  They want to be sure she is absolutely where she needs to be before sending her into surgery. They also want to be sure that they do not create any problems by sending her into surgery.  Tomorrow they are doing her echo-cardiogram again to check her hypertension.  Surgery could be next week, but maybe later.  The doctors working on Peyton absolutely have her best interest at heart.  They are so great.  They have been wonderful and caring towards us, and are very compassionate about what they do.  Peyton's primary nurse in the NICU is also very good.  She is very knowledgable.  It has been so great visiting Peyton.  She is just something else.  She is so precious and beautiful.  Allen and I have each changed her diaper.  She leaves me the poopy ones...Allen still gets just the wet ones.  We have been reading stories to her too...we just can't wait to be able to hold her.  I just wanted to also say THANK YOU to everyone!!  Everyone's prayers, support, and love have been amazing.  Prayers have been heard, the support has been much appreciated and we definitely feel the love.  It is just so great to have such wonderful friends.  Allen, Peyton, and I are very blessed to have all the many people who care in our lives.  THANK YOU!!!  Love Yall!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, she is just beautiful. We are still praying for Allen, Peyton and you. Hope you get well soon. You should save some of the messy diapers for Allen...he will have to learn sooner or later anyhow. Thanks for keeping us posted and God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete