Thursday, August 19, 2010

One Week Old!

Today is Peyton's one week birthday!  I went and got her some cute little hats to wear.  I was looking for her some little premie socks (her legs and feet are so tiny) but could not find any anywhere!  She will just have to grow into her other socks!  Today she did pretty good...she seems to be liking the new vent setting much better and the flo-lan that they started her on yesterday was uped a little bit to help with the hypertension.  The Echo cardiogram did confirm that her hypertension is still significant.  They will repeat the echo on Monday to see how she is doing and if need be, Saturday.  Oh and little miss thing as already acquired the nickname of "drama queen."  She likes everything just so and does not like it went the other babies in the unit cry or are being noisy.  She has the attitude of, "Excuse me, I have enough going on with me, could everyone please just be quiet and let me rest..."  Poor Allen, he's got 2 girls in the house now.  He's out-numbered!  Through her assessments today she did a little better than yesterday, she still does not like being suctioned and messed with but she is handling it better.  The occupational therapist has shown us some things too that we can do during her assessments without stimulating her too much... things like capping our hand over her head and holding her hand.  As far as things are going with me, I'm getting quicker!  Allen should be happy about this since maybe he won't have to push me in a wheelchair anymore when we go over to the hospital.  I will tell you that you do get tired quicker!  I am tired tired right now!  So I think I am going to go rest before we go on over to see Peyton for the night.  Daddy Allen will be driving back tomorrow morning...keep him in your prayers for safe travel!  Love Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment