Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Birth Weight!

So took a day off yesterday from the blog...it was a pretty restful day.  We hung out at The Ronald McDonald House pretty much all day.  Yesterday morning, they had a salon here doing haircuts and manicures so mom and I got our nails done.  There is a little girl here who is in a wheelchair with the biggest personality ever.  She is very sweet.  She came and showed me her nails which had polka dots on them, and was just asking me why I was here.  I told her that I was about to have a baby, and she was just so excited about that.  I told her what was going on with baby Peyton too, and it was cute the way she put it.  She just said, "Well that can't feel good."  I said well I think she's fine now, but she will need a little help as soon as she is born.  It has been nice staying here the past few days though.  This morning we got up and went to my doctor's appointment.  I have another ultrasound and non-stress test done, and we got the estimated birth weight!  She is estimated to be 5 lbs and 8 ounces!!  This is great since we were hoping for her to at least be 5 lbs.  I think she would have been small either way, whether she had something going on or not.  I only weighed 6 lbs 3 ounces when I was born and Allen only weighed 6 lbs 14 ounces.  We can work with 5 lbs 8 ounces!  I also got my first steroid shot today.  I have to have some blood work, and the second steroid shot tomorrow.  The shots will give her lungs a better shot during delivery on Thursday.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The actual needle part wasn't the bad part, it was the medicine going in that kinda didn't feel good.  Anyways, well we are about to go grab some lunch downstairs...starving!  But how sweet was this, we just had a knock on the door and someone had brought a little gift by from the house, 2 baby blankets, some hangers for baby, and some baby powder.  So thoughtful.  Love Yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment